Sherlock is about a socially awkward yet brilliant detective who works with the police department to solve crimes as well as take on his own cases. Sherlock works with Dr. John Watson, a military veteran who misses the adventure. They face evil geniuses like Moriarty and expose serial killers and drug rings in modern day London. This article will tell you whether or not Sherlock is on Netflix, what Sherlock is about, and trivia.
Release Date on Netflix: 2017
Directors: Paul McGuigan, Nick Hurran, Coky Giedroyc, Euros Lyn, Toby Haynes, Jeremy Lovering, Colm McCarthy, Douglas Mackinnon, Benjamin Caron, and Rachel TalalayRuntime: 2010-2017
Runtime: 1 hour 28 minutes
IMDb Rating: 9.2/10
Rotten Tomatoes Score: 84%
Sherlock and his assistant, Dr. Watson fight crime together in modern-day London, based off the stories by Sir. Arthur Conan Doyle. They uncover drug rings, serial killers, and conspiracies as well as face super villains like Moriarty. Benedict Cumberbatch plays Sherlock and Martin Freeman plays Dr. Watson. Inspector Lestrade is a combination of Inspectors Gregson and Lestrade from the Conan Doyle stories. Lestrade’s name is never revealed in the book which is why Sherlock is always forgetting it in the show.
- The actual address for filming the exterior of 221B Baker Street is 187 North Gower Street.
- Many of the crew in Sherlock are related. Sherlock’s parents are played by Benedict Cumberbatch’s actual parents. Dr. Watson’s wife, Mary, is played by Martin Freeman’s actual wife.
- Molly Hooper, a major character in the television series, was only supposed to have a one-time appearance. But the producers and writer Steven Moffat loved her performance so much they decided to give her a recurring role.
- Benedict Cumberbatch is a natural ginger. He dyed his hair black for his role as Sherlock.
- Martin Freeman got his wallet stolen before his first audition. He was in such a bad mood when he auditioned they thought he didn’t want the role. Luckily he was much better in the second audition.
- Before auditioning for Doctor Who, Matt Smith auditioned to be Dr. Watson. Steven Moffat thought Smith would make a better Sherlock than Watson, but the role had already been promised to Cumberbatch, so Smith became the Doctor on Doctor Who.
- Creator Steven Moffat of Sherlock Netflix is also a main writer on Doctor Who. This is referenced in the first episode of Sherlock Season 3 on Netflix, when a board with theories of how Sherlock faked his death has a picture of a TARDIS on it.
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle are distantly related. They are 16th cousins twice removed.
Is Sherlock on Netflix?
Yes. All four seasons plus a Christmas special aired between seasons 3 and 4 of Sherlock are available on the Sherlock Netflix pages in U.S., U.K., Canada, and Australia.
Sherlock, a modern take on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s stories, is available on Netflix. It is highly rated and has two exceptional actors for the lead roles. The long-awaited fourth and final season is now on Netflix. Watch Sherlock on Netflix today and share your questions and opinions in the comments.